Saturday, February 6, 2016

Mysterious Saturday Review: Death is Like a Box of Chocolates


* First Book in a Series * 
Michelle and Erica got roped into hosting the Great Fudge Cook-off - partly to promote the town and partly to promote their combine chocolate and bookstore business.

When a body is discovered inside the shop with a chocolate stuffed in the victim's mouth - everything could change in a heartbeat.

Michelle's worried that her shop won't last and that her business customers will cancel their orders. Just as she's finally found herself, she faces losing everything.

Michelle starts looking into the murder in order to get her life back on track.
My Thoughts: I really enjoyed this mystery with the small town charm, the chocolate and bookstore business, the friendships, and the potential romance. I loved learning more about Michelle and her chocolate making - this book made my mouth water. I craved chocolate while reading it (who wouldn't). I liked both Michelle and Erica's brothers and I'm interested in learning more about them. I really enjoyed the Great Fudge Cook-off and how it came together. I'm looking forward to learning more about these characters. 

Cover Thoughts: Charming
Source: My Library
Final Thoughts: If you're looking for a fun mystery with lots of chocolate and great friends, look no further. 

No comments: