Saturday, March 14, 2015

Mysterious Saturday Review: Model Undercover New York

* Book 2 in the Model Undercover Series *
Axelle is asked to uncover the missing black diamond that was stolen after a photo shoot without letting anyone know it was stolen. Axelle has the perfect cover, after making a splash at fashion week in Paris, she's ready for fashion week in New York.

While trying to juggle her modeling cover, Axelle creates a timeline of the day to help her narrow down her suspects. The pool of suspects isn't large, but none of them appear to have a motive. Can Axelle recover the black diamond before the date of return or will the fashion world find out and one of it's stars be ruined?
My Thoughts: I really like this series. I love how fashion and modeling is just a cover for detective work. Axelle still isn't letting her success turn her head. 

 I like learning more about the fashion world, even though I know I would never want to be a model. It's neat to witness events behind the scenes and to learn about the various jobs. It's a small world, so it's nice seeing reoccurring characters again. 

 Ellie B and Sebastian return to help her uncover the identity of the thief. I love both of these characters - and how they compliment Axelle both in her uncover life and in solving mysteries. I love the easy friendship between Ellie and Axelle. The romance drama in this book between Axelle and Sebastian is sweet and amusing at times.

Looking forward to the next book in the series (which looks like it takes place in London)


Cover Thoughts: Cute - I like the background of the city
Source: My Library
Final Thoughts: A fun fashion mystery that makes New York come alive - think Nancy Drew with fashion sense.

No comments: