Monday, August 4, 2014

Review: Killer Instinct

Lane isn't your average teen; she hides a secret obsession of following serial killers. Lane can relate to them because she understands them. She feels the darkness rise in herself.

When her FBI mother catches a case featuring a local serial killer, Lane can't help but be fascinated with the details. She starts looking into the case. Soon, she's contacted personally by the killer.

The more she learns about the case, the more she learns that everything she thought she knew about her life was a lie. Can she solve the case before someone she loves is murdered? 
My Thoughts:  This book sucked me in and didn't let me go. I read it in one sitting because I couldn't put it down. At the same time, I found it disturbingly creepy. I'm drawn to crime shows and cozy murder mysteries. It's hard to talk about this book without giving too much away - so I'll say that I really liked Lane's step siblings. They were cute, funny, snarky, and smart. They added some lightness to the story. I never saw the final twist coming; this book kept me on the edge of my seat turning pages.

Cover Thoughts: Interesting.
Source: My Library
Similar Read: Dangerous Girls 

No comments: