Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Books I'm Dying to Read: October Edition

I love October books because that's finally when I start reading Holiday books. It's also a great time for cozies. Plus it's a big month for publishing, so lots of fabulous books are coming out this month. Here are a few I can't wait to read.



Maybe This Christmas (O'Neil Brothers, #3)The Heart of Christmas (Whiskey Creek, #7)The Lodge on Holly Road (Life in Icicle Falls, #6)
Maybe this Christmas: I love this series set in Vermont and I'm excited about Tyler's story.
Heart of Christmas: Eve's story in the Whiskey Creek series
Lodge on Holly Road: Book 6 in the Life in Icicle Falls series - with a man playing Santa Claus for the town as the hero

In the Afterlight (The Darkest Minds, #3)Talon (Talon, #1)
In the After Light: The third book in this amazing dystopian trilogy - can't wait to see what happens. 
Talon: Secret Dragon Slayers - Dragons hiding as humans - what happens when they come together?

Famous in LoveMy True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories
Famous in Love: I read this and really enjoyed it! 
My True Love Gave to Me: Teen short stories about Christmas romance

Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)Exquisite Captive (Dark Caravan Cycle #1)
Snow Like Ashes: A broken kingdom with one hope at survival
Exquisite Captive: Really excited for this one - grabbed an ARC at BEA. Jinni - slavery- and hope (Inspired by Arabian Nights)

Double Vision: The Alias MenPennyroyal Academy
Double Vision: Alias Men: Love this spy MG trilogy, excited to see read the last one set in Hollywood.
Pennyroyal Academy: Looks super cute - have an ARC from BEA and I can't wait to read it - school for Princesses and Knights

One in a Million (Lucky Harbor, #12)
One in a Million: Lucky Harbor series where a girl returns home and sees her high school crush again - after swearing off love.

RunawaysSide Effects
Runaways: Also read this one, which surprised me. Really enjoyed it. Love story from the wrong side of the tracks - a murder - and people speculating about their relationship. 
Side Effects: Just read this one and I liked it - very similar to Party of Five TV show.

The Princess in BlackRain Reign
Princess Black: Read this from BEA - super cute! Love that the Princess has a huge secret and she's feisty. 
Rain Reign: A dog story that sounds sad, but also powerful. Plus Ann M Martin!

One Potion in the Grave ( A Magic Potion Mystery #2)Picked to Die (Orchard, #8)
One Potion in the Grave: Really enjoyed the first book in the series - looking forward to reading more about Carly Bell and her love potions
Picked to Die: 8th book in this cozy series about a small town and an apple orchard owner.

StrayNot in the Script (If Only . . . #3)
 Stray: Love the cover of this mixed up fairy tale (It was also talked about on Epic Reads Tea Time)
Not in the Script: Another book in the IF ONLY series - set in Hollywood

Doughnuts!: 100 Dough-Licious RecipesScissors, Paper, Craft: 30 Pretty Projects All Cut, Folded, and Crafted from Paper
Doughnuts: After a recent purchase of a doughnut pan, I'm excited about the possibilities of baking them.
Scissors, Paper, and Craft: I love paper crafting - excited to see some new craft ideas.

Shooting at the Stars: The Christmas Truce of 1914
Shooting Stars: A WWI book on the Christmas Truce.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I loved Princess in Black, too. :)

Bonnie @ A Backwards Story said...

OMG, so many of these!!! IN THE AFTER LIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait!! I have TALON and EXQUISITE CAPTIVE to read, too. Ooh, and I just d/led MY TRUE LOVE GAVE TO ME on EW! SNOW LIKE ASHES is great! And I enjoyed both FAMOUS IN LOVE (I am SO GLAD this is a trilogy because I WANT MORE!!!) and NOT IN THE SCRIPT! Oh, I have the PENNYROYAL and PRINCESS BLACK ARCs from BEA, too! Ah, I want to read STRAY! Seriously? This is all October? NUTS!! I think YOUNG ELITES and ATLANTIA are, too, right??

Jennifer Rummel said...

Thanks Bonnie - and you're right! Not sure how I missed those, but thanks!

Jessica said...

Talon, Famous in Love, My True Love Gave to Me (This is one of the books I'm looking forward to the most!), snow Like Ashes, Not in the script, and Pennyroyal Academy all look amazing! And I know a few of the Adult books my Mom is looking forward to! :)

I think October is going to be an AMAZING month for books! :)