Saturday, July 19, 2014

Mysterious Saturday Review: Killer Physique

*19th Savannah Reid Mystery*
Savannah and Dirk have  been married just a few weeks when his parents come to visit. Dirk is so happy but nervous to be meeting them for the first time. Savannah's trying to get the house in order, while attempting not to kill her new husband for his lack of housekeeping skills.

They get a rare opportunity to attend a Hollywood movie premiere with John and Ryan who have a friend starring in a summer blockbuster movie. But hours after the event, Jason turns up dead.

It is soon common knowledge that he was using steroids. The ME can't find anything that would cause his death but the Moonlight Magnolia gang's convinced that death is a result of foul play.
My Thoughts: I really enjoy this series - for the humor, the mystery, the friendship, and the loyalty. In this volume, I liked learning more about Dirk and his habits and his feelings. I loved watching Dirk meet his parents for the first time and how they interacted with each other. I smiled over Tammy and her new love interest. An interesting topic for a mystery novel - the celebrity world and how it changes how people look at you. I'm glad that the Moonlight Magnolia's didn't stop looking into the death because of the lack of evidence. It's not my favorite of the series, but I enjoyed it thoroughly. 

Cover Thoughts: Meh

Source: my Library

No comments: