Friday, November 25, 2011

Review: Faerie Ring

Tiki and her family of orphans have been living in a secret room near Charing Cross Station. They make their living picking pockets in Victorian England. Lately their luck hasn't been too good.

Tiki has a bit of luck one night when she arrives at a mansion. After stealing a bit of food from the kitchen, she ventures into the library by mistake. There she finds a ring set in gold with a large ruby. The ruby flickers and almost calls to her.

Tiki takes the ring and hides it.

Little does she realize that the ring is actually a symbol between the Queen and the fey. As long as the ring is protected, the truce remains between them remains. However, if something happens to the ring, all bets are off.

The fey don't want to the ring to resurface while Tiki wants nothing more to get of the ring, once she collects the reward. She can't think of anything except a better life for her and her family. But will her greed create havoc for humans?

My Thoughts: I Loved this book! I loved the setting, the magic, the twists, and the romance. I loved the parts with the royals. I loved the street setting and the glittering ballgowns. I love Rieker. A wonderful debut novel and I'm so happy it's the start of a new series. I can't wait to read more about Tiki.

Cover Thoughts: I love the focus on the ring

Source: My Library

No comments: